In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 463
Online now 85 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Not to mention miller is not the same kind of runner DR is. robinson's first year as a starter he friggin tore it up running the ball, Nobody in the history of collegiate football has accomplished what dennard did as far as passing and rushing in one season. Miller has done what? No doubt Miller is a pretty good quarterback, but when you compare the two, DR wins flat out hands down. Has miller even rushed for more then 200 plus yards in one game? How many QB's racked up 500 all-purpose yards in a game?
We aren't using freshman on the OL unless Fragel is terrible. Then Decker or Dodson. And i never said you sucked
Refugee schollies to save kids from getting stuck with Urban by some sort of musical chairs-like default.
The funny thing is that it took a huge streak by Tressel to even get back to 0.500.
* * * N E O . R E T R O * * *
I'm not so sure I buy this. Brax is a more fluid passer. And he'll continue to make strides before the upcoming season. DRob seems to have pretty much maxed out his ability to make accurate throws. I think it's too early to tell, and of course i'd bet on Brax being better, but I would say that it's pretty much impossible to say either team has a passing advantage at this point in time.
Eh, I think this is true in part. But Meyer did a good job of recruiting offensive lineman at Florida. I think we got a bit of a bad rep for offensive lineman because Bollman was so bad at developing them for the NFL. But we ended up having a pretty good Oline haul last year and if we show that those days are behind us, which I believe them to be with the addition of Ed Warinner, I don't think we'll have problems recruiting Oline going forward. And if we get Pocic and one other (Johnson, Rodgers) we'll have a solid OL class this year too with Lisle.
Drob has not maxed out in his passing ability. It comes down to comfort level for Denard. He was very comfortable the year he started in RR's offense and completed like 62% of his passes. Last year was a new offense for him and so he struggled a bit. There is no reason why he can't improve to back up over 60% if he feels more comfortable in Borges's offense.
You can project forward all you want, but you can't rewrite history. DR was a much more accurate passer than BM as a first year starter and he was also a more accurate passer last year despite the fact that he was trying to learn how to run Borges' West Coast offense and take snaps from under center. In fact, the primary reason you lost to us last year was that BM couldn't hit wide open WRs for TDs on multiple occasions. Our coverage in the secondary was abominable all day. Maybe BM will be more accurate this year. Maybe he won't. The same can be said for DR. But the Ohio poster who claimed that BM is the more accurate passer pulled the statement out of his butt.
This post was edited by MrWoodson 2 years ago
A couple things, because I never really like to comment on other teams boards unless I think I have a savvy comment...
1. I like the stat since 1969 Michigan is up one. I think thats a good way to measure the true modern football record. Not saying the actual rivalry record shouldn't count just saying thats a pretty cool stat.
2. For Tressel's run, Michigan has had equally dominant runs in the rivalry.
3. Our OL depth and talent isn't as pathetic as some think, but on the other hand neither is UM's DL as pathetic as we think.
4. To us as OSU fans - stop bringing up we were one pass away from beating UM. I was also .2 seconds on my forty away from playing college football. Point being none of it matters, they still won and I sure as hell didn't play college football.
5. To UM fans - While we as Ohio State fans do like to come over here to see what you guys are saying a lot of our sensible posters don't post (not saying the ones that are posting aren't sensible) simply because of the endless bickering that ensues (see this thread). Not to mention it is your board. That being said when you insult the education of Ohio State it just isn't true. Sure each of our fanbases has the rogue morons, but most Ohio State fans are sensibly educated.
Alright now that all that is settled...Lock the thread because it's just going around in a circle.
"Playing here is the closest thing to heaven on earth..." - Brian Rolle
"I do not want to play offensive line in a spread offense" - Chris Pouncey, Decker, Dodson....and all the other major college football teams who run the spread and put lineman into the NFL
This post was edited by Gobucks187TTUN 2 years ago
"The only thing That Team Up North will be tasting this year is the salty tears of defeat" - UFM
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports