In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Just checked the team ranking at it seems you guys jumped us. Not sure if its you guys landing Green or some of are recruits getting downgraded.
In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion of bias, 247Sports Team Recruiting Ranking is solely based on the 247Composite Rating.
Probably just Green. Kind of meaningless at this point...it is quibbling to say which class is better when we are so close in ranking.
Didn't you guys just get a 4 star commit, too? I don't really understand how the rankings work.
The new word on the street from his coach is that Corey Smith did not commit and will take a visit to UT this weekend.
Oh, really? I just saw it on espn so maybe they haven't updated it. Are you guys still the leader?
These rankings are so objective that who really knows the difference in even the top 10 ranked classes. The only thing I know is when I put my Homer glasses on OSU has a better class than UM. I do think rankings matter for perception though. Especially on sites like ESPN. I am sure after Hoke told Green that he would have the opportunity to play behind one of the best Olines in the country it was reassuring that independent websites like ESPN 247 Rivals etc were able to confirm that and it just wasnt coach speak.
It's most likely Green. Those are the Composite rankings you are looking at. They take other recruiting sites into account. With Green being the #1 RB elsewhere, it bumped Michigan's overall scores across the board.
Agree with the rest that it's Green, but given we are likely done adding recruits and OSU probably will add more, I'd bet it flips back next week. If something happens with Poggi we'd slide back, and some of the other prospects on OSU's board would probably bump their class up.
I have no idea what to believe the article on 24/7 has quotes from his mom. I think the guy claiming that he isn't committed is a troll but either way I wasn't to high on Corey Smith personally.
I agree just wanted to throw a bone to you guys. The same thing could happen to OSU with EZE .
It really doesnt matter. We both have great(top 5 classes). It will get settled on the field.
247 rankings are garbage.
Corey Smith did commit to OSU....4 star Juco WR
I agree. You clearly have your homer glasses on.
Yeah I agree...the way 247 figures things is stupid IMO
Whos do you like?
I like Ducksworth's rankings. Best in the industry.
That's funny, because there's a new top30 in the Ducksworth rankings. After an exhaustive night of researching and watching film of every recruit in the country, I have the following national rankings:
1. LB Alex Anzalone (committed to Ohio State.. errr Notre Dame.. err Florida)
2. LS Scott Sypniewski (committed to Michigan)
3. WR Da'Mario Jones (committed to Michigan)
4. WR Csont'e York (committed to Michigan)
5. LB Ben Gedeon (committed to Michigan)
6. ATH Wyatt Shallman (committed to Michigan)
7. RB Deveon Smith (committed to Michigan)
8. RB Derrick Green (committed to Michigan)
9. WR Jaron Dukes (committed to Michigan)
10. TE Khalid HIll (committed to Michigan)
11. CB Channing Stribling (committed to Michigan)
12. CB Reon Dawson (committed to Michigan)
13. CB Jourdan Lewis (committed to Michigan)
14. QB Parker McLeod (committed to Alabama)
15. K/P JJ McGrath (committed to Michigan)
16. LB Mike McCray II (committed to Michigan)
17. DE Taco Charlton (committed to Michigan)
18. CB Ross Douglas (committed to Michigan)
19. S Dymonte Thomas (committed to Michigan)
20. S Delano Hill (committed to Michigan)
21. OL Logan Tuley-Tillman (committed to Michigan)
22. OL Patrick Kugler (committed to Michigan)
23. OL Dan Samuelson (committed to Michigan)
24. OL Kyle Bosch (committed to Michigan)
25. OL David Dawson (committed to Michigan)
26. OL Chris Fox (committed to Michigan)
27. DT Henry Poggi (committed to Michigan)
28. DT Maurice Hurst, Jr (committed to Michigan)
29. TE Jake Butt (committed to Michigan)
30. QB Shane Morris (committed to Michigan)
And you don't have a Michigan commit at #1 so nobody can accuse you of bias.
Serious question...do JUCOs count in the rankings?
In Ducksworth's rankings? Even he doesn't know.
This post was edited by buttesnake 18 months ago
Well, in Duckworth's rankings, I am the 9th best DL in the country...and I am 5'10" and 190 lbs.
Too many big words for me to handle.
No. I've attached the top247 as well as the JUCO top247.
The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts. Players are ranked by position, grouped qualitatively with a star ranking and given a numerical ranking based on their future potential.
Meh don't care what it's ranked, wouldn't trade UMs class for theirs, and I'm sure they feel the same
Their are about 8/10 guys I would love to have from UMs class.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports