In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 525
Online now 481 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Since Steve eliminated all non VIP posters from the Michigan board I can no longer bump and maintain this (I'm not VIP). It is quite amazing that I can post on every 247 Big 10 board except for the Michigan where I am an alum. Feel free to bump this and update it.
Standings (updated 8/21):
AC Wolv 6
NL Hoke 4
Hello Heisman 3
M Eaglet 2
jc in tc 2
Jack Dan 2
Brady 6 2
The rules are:
Predict the next commit and day.
1 point for the correct recruit.
1 additional point for the correct day and the correct recruit.
1 additional point for the first poster to predict a commit that no one else has predicted (as long as you haven't changed your prediction).
Predictions must be posted on this thread.
Predictions, and changes, must be posted 24 hours in advance of the commitment being announced on either the 247 board or the MGoBlog board.
I will add up the points. Any rule interpretations or resolution of ambiguities will be determined solely by me (this is not an effort to control the world but only a protection against resolving any potential debates).
Winner on NSD gets a free month to 247 VIP and a set of steak knives (the steak knives are a joke). I'LL pay the month for VIP unless 247 does (assuming there is a way I can do this). I have no affiliation to 247.
This is intended to be fun.
I don't know if I'm breaking any 247 rules.
You can change your pick but you only get one pick before each commitment, so your one pick is the most recent pick you posted. If you change your pick and it's not more than 24 hours before the commitment then the change is not counted.
After a commitment happens points are counted and the prediction board is wiped clean and everyone picks the next commit. So if your next commit pick was Peppers in August but Watson commits in May, you'd have to pick Peppers again to maintain your pick.
I'll try to make this fair and keep it updated.
I can play but can't win.
BBQ and UTL Weekend Rules
I have some new game rules that will apply to the BBQ and address three open issues:
1) The 24 hour in advance rule makes it so we can't pick multiple commits on days like the BBQ.
2) It's tough enough to predict who's going to commit next but practically impossible to predict the order on a day like the BBQ.
3) Things have gotten boring with only 5 spots left.
These rules are in addition to the standard game rules and only apply to the 24 hours during the day of the BBQ and the 24 hour period immediately after the BBQ (48 hours total):
1) You do not have to pick the order. For example if you pick Hand to commit during the BBQ and someone else commits before Hand but Hand also commits, you would still get the point(s) for Hand.
2) If you want to pick multiple commits we have the commit-fecta. If you pick one commit and you get it right no matter how many other commits happen you get the points for that one commit. If you pick two commits and they both commit then you get the points for both commits, but if only one of those picks commits you get no points. If you pick 3 commits for the BBQ period and all three commit then you get all the points. If all of your picks commit and others commit as well you still get your points. But if only 1 or 2 of your 3 picks commits you get zero points. In addition, YOUR TOTAL POINTS are MULTIPLIED BY THE NUMBER OF COMMITS you PICK for the 48 hours of the BBQ and day after. So if you pick 3 picks all to commit on the first day of the BBQ and they all commit on that day then you get (3 (commits) + 3 (all on the correct day) ) x 3 (multiplier) = 18 points.
In summary, if you pick more than one commitment during the first (BBQ) or second (day after) 24 hours you only get points if they all commit and you get the multiplier times your total points. You have to pick which day to get the "correct day" point.
Picks have to be submitted by midnight on the Thursday before the BBQ (a full 24 hours in advance). Your last post will be the one used.
A qualifying pick would look like this for one pick:
"Hand on the 28th."
Or this for two picks:
"Hand on the 28th and Jenkins on the 28th"
Picks for dates after the BBQ period are not accepted at this time.
This post has been edited 30 times, most recently by Uncle Newt 3 months ago
This sounds like a fun idea. I'll make the first one. Kyron Watson on May 21st
Alex Bars May 30th.
Juwann Bushell-Beatty, June 15.
Kyron Watson on May 20th
Artavis Scott November 30th
Kyron Watson May 20th.
Jabrill Peppers August 1st
Parker Westphael Michigan BBQ (whatever date that is).
Kyron Watson May 20
This is Michigan, fergodsakes.
Ballage. July 20th
You should add no edits as a rule. I'll post my pick tomorrow when I'm sober
Nkemdichie April 28
Jabrill Peppers April 27
WHOA!!! I hope you win
"Those Who Stay...Will be Champions"
Kyron Watson May 22nd
Peppers June 8th
Watson on May 20
This post was edited by Moon 12 months ago
Watson May 20th
Watson May 12th
Jabril Peppers June 21st
This rumor was out there long before CBs post today. But I've waited long enough. I'm suprised no one took this yet.
Chase Winovich on May 10.
This is pretty interesting. So far the predictions are 7 for Watson between May 12 and 20th. 2nd is Peppers (4) sometime between April and August. You can change your vote up to 24 hours before its announced.
This could turn into a crowdsourced prediction tool.
Post any rule questions.
My serious pick is Winovich on May 11
Looks like congrats may be in order! Way off on the date, though. 8^P
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports