In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 394
Online now 384 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
This is getting absurd. If I'm a recruit I really have to start speculating on whats goin on in Columbus at some point
"Those Who Stay...Will be Champions"
Was looking for this to pop up over here. Enjoy today, gents. Looks like a s***ty day in Columbus and I did say that I would come here to eat s**t when it's served...ding, ding. Some thoughts from the bad guys down south for you:
- First, I really can't believe how stupid this incident is. It's embarrassing for him. It's embarrassing for the team. It's embarrassing for the fans. But, it's terrible for the girl. I hope, and 99.9% of Buckeyes hope, she is fine and are rooting for her. She is what's really important here.
- This better not be a situation where the charges get dropped and he is reinstated unless this is a total fabrication (which is unlikely at this point).
- From a football standpoint, I still believe RB is one of the easier positions to replace and we have good depth here. But, no one on the roster is Hyde. Rod Smith fumbles too much. Hall isn't the banger Hyde is. Dunn/Ball/Elliot...green but liked the first two in the spring game. In a close game, like The Game 2012, having Hyde ram at the defense was a great asset that will be missed. Bottom line, Smith can be a very close replacement if...IF...he can hold onto the ball.
- Looks like I'll watch the spring game again with an eye on the RBs. Problem is we passed the ball almost the entire game.
- Can't opine much of the situation since the details aren't out. Not sure WTF a kid from the south is doing in Bloomington one week before camp starts. I hate these last couple weeks before camp...guys tend to go full-retard.
- Football-wise, this is a tough one to replace, if that came to pass. Already had little experience at the other corner. I don't think anybody knows who starts now. I'll guess Apple and Grant for now. And a lot of freshman and inexperienced sophomores behind unless Adam Griffin steps up. I like the talent pool but we will have to see if anybody is ready.
- Overall defense - this puts a ton of pressure on the DL to develop...and fast. It also puts a ton of pressure on the offense to score even more. A lockdown corner hides a lot of warts and i was counting on that until the DL came together. As a jets fan, thank god we get Revis back this year...wait...s***.
- No clue who it is yet. But, that puts us down to 79 scholarship players or so if Roby is out for a period of time and this is true. Depth gets to be a problem very quickly from here...ask USC.
- I think more games become concerning at this point if all these guys are gone. MrWoodson is correct that SDSU could come into play. Maybe Penn State is too but I am less concerned at the back half of the season once we've played a few games and guys get experience. Specifically, need to see if any of those teams early can keep us under 40 points to make it interesting (or 50 if we have an Indiana game again).
- Meyer should put 79-80 cots in the WHAC and have curfew at 6:00. It'll be like my kids...6:00 dinner, 30 minutes of playtime inside, one episode of Peppa Pig, brush teeth and straight to bed.
- I hate to see kids f*** up very bright futures. I just don't understand how kids continue to do this crap and cost themselves potentially millions of dollars.
- Lastly, back to the girl. I really hope she is okay and give her the courage to stand up in this one, despite the huge fanbase and her probably being a Buckeye fan. No girl deserves to get punched in the face, much less by a 6'3" 240 pound professionally trained physical specimen. Also pray for the dad. He is supposedly a cop and on a tour in Afghanistan. If that was my baby girl, I'd need to be restrained.
Have fun today gents...sad day down route 23.
I just wanted to post this. No reason.
No. You are way off. If you go over to BN, these players were recruited by the Vest so it's all his fault. Urbie walked into a mess and is doing his best to clean it up:
These guys are holdovers from the Tressel Era...sorry but the last couple senior classes have really been a disaster for the Buckeyes. How many NC chances are they gonna mess up? Possibly 2. I hate to see this but I am glad in the next year or two the last of the Tressel recruits are gone. There was a culture developed at OSU in Pryor Era...
Meyer has to be wondering what did I get myself into. If you want a guy to have health issues and retire/leave again B.S. like this is a sure fire way for a guy to start reconsider.
I have no doubt
Let me try it again:
Tressel Left OSU Trashed But It's Time for Urban Renewal
By (schmoozy CFB writer)
First - I have never been happier to have All-Access VIP.
Second - The rumors are that Vonn Bell has had an open container charge pending since April (his brother got a DUI for the same incident) so it'd make sense that he might've used up his last strike since I haven't heard anything else about any other 2013 kids (other than Baugh) getting in trouble before. However, since the rumors are that it's Tim Gardner as the 2013 OL being suspended, I guess we'll wait and see.
Third - This is priceless. We've been saying since he was hired that Urban was going to bring the same culture to OSU that he did to Florida. Bucknuts should've listened.
Any truth to the rumor that Roby was hanging out with David Perkins when this happened? If so, he's not the brightest bulb.
You know, I don't think that one was any good either. I'll have to work on my writing if I want to catch on to ESPN or be the next Clay Travis.
It'll be interesting to see how Meyer handles Roby. Hyde gets booted for elbowing a girl in the face at a bar. What happens to Roby for assaulting someone with "bodily harm" at a bar. What are the differences in those cases? I suppose there could be some big ones, but somehow I think that no matter what happened, Meyer will find a way to not boot the All-American and more important player. All the while saying "look over there at Hyde. I kicked him off! I really do care about discipline and not just winning! Trust me, this doesn't set a dangerous precedent that if you're important enough, you won't face any serious consequences under my regime!"
I think you're being a little silly with that prediction.
Live long and prosper (well, except Buckeye fans).
I think they'll lose to the Buffalo Bills. NFL teams are hard to beat.
I was not in favor of AAVIP when it was announced ... but I've totally changed my mind.
That is the reason "Urbz" won't boot Roby. Now, if Hyde hit a guy instead, he would still be on the team, but the fact that he hit a woman AND "Urbz" realizes he has a lot of good RBs, the decision was easy to kick him off the team. Roby will miss time against one or two scrub opponents but will be back.
OSU is gonna have to lose a lot more kids to even come close to dipping to the talent level of their OOC opponents.
Now just imagine how nice it'll be to have for future Sparty meltdowns as well...
No idea. Probably not a good idea if true. Just strange on these two...can't remember hearing anything but good things about these guys since they got here. I was a drunken fool in college and got the Heisman from tons of chicks. Never punched or got punched.
MercuryHayes: FYI...the police report on a chick eating an elbow isn't the right one. I know it is difficult to keep track of all these arrests today.
@FlintSkinny: #1 OSU running back Carlos Hyde kicked off team for dotting a female's eye at the bar.
I don't care who you are. That's funny.
Obviously Hyde will not be starting this game. Curious to see why, in your opinion Roby shouldn't be starting against Wisky. He has a clean slate until this weekend, absolutely stupid on his part to get in trouble in Bloomington, but surely you are not implying that a kid should be dismissed on the first strike. If that is your stance, I would be curious to get your feelings on Touissant, Frank Clark, and any other potential law breakers on your roster.
I don't know enough about the details of Roby's case to have an idea how long he should be suspended. I fully expect Hyde to make it back on the team.
EDIT: Although I would put battery resulting in bodily injury a notch above either of those guys' crimes.
This post was edited by bkp1883 9 months ago
Glass house anyone???
Posts about University of Michigan Football Player Arrested written by Arrest Nation
Why do you think Hyde will be re-instated? Storm Klein was reinstated because the charges were dropped. If the girl Hyde allegedly hit is really the daughter of a cop, there is no chance the charges get dropped.
Deflection time by Browneye fans... Worry about the morons your savior has recruited and not our guys from last year
Son, do you really want to bring up past troubles and play that game? You can't possibly be stupid enough to think you'll win.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports