In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 389
Online now 286 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Hey, what's up people? I came here because i've been looking for a spot where I could talk recruiting. Seems i've found the place!
1. I'm not buying the Max Browne hype. Not trying to sound biased, but I believe Shane Morris is the best QB in this class. Much more athletic and agile than Browne. He is improving on his accuracy, and when he gets it down to where he can deliver the accurate ball consistently, he will be unstoppable.
2. Sucks we missed out on Ty Isaac.. Is Derrick Green liking Michigan?
3. Any chance we see a Su'a Cravens flip? He says he still wants to visit our campus, so that mean he still has interest..
4. Bo Scarborough. This kid is a freak. And I DO think we have a chance to get him, despite Bo living right in the middle of Bama country. Derrick Henry seems to be all Bama since his de-commitment from Georgia, and that would add just another RB to Alabama. Something they don't need any more of. They already have Dee Hart, Jalston Fowler, TJ Yeldon, and have currently have a commitment from Altee Tenpenny. If Henry does indeed go Bama, that is count them FIVE running backs in Bama's system. I'm hoping that Scarborough sees that he would never see the light of day at the RB position because of Bama's overload of backs, and turn his attention towards us. Is that wishful thinking, or is it plausible?
This post has been edited 3 times, most recently by Rabid 22 months ago
First off welcome and
1. I absolutely agree with this point
2. He likes it but I don't think he comes here.
3. Not a chance
4. We have a small chance but he's a HUGE Bama fan and in their backyard.
Go Blue & Gig Em'!
As to your 1st point - all I've seen out of Browne is that he can deliver a decent deep ball. 90% of his film is him bombing it downfield to wide-open receivers who've just burned the corner covering them. I absolutely think Shane is the best QB in this class, and while I think Browne is still good, I have yet to see anything that justifies his crowning as the best QB in the class. (Although ESPN once again proves that its rankings are less than worthless by anointing Hackenberg as the best QB in the class, and having Hackenberg, Browne, Ryan Burns, and Tyrone Swoopes ranked ahead of Shane).
Definitely agree with #1. As for Green and Cravens, they're not coming here.
But I actually agree with you on Scarborough. I hate to say it but we do have a real chance here. Tremendous had un update on him and it's very optimistic. He is an absolute animal.
I read something on the Florida board and they thought he wanted to get out of the area, so maybe we do stand a better chance than we think
Welcome to Wolverine247! We're thrilled to have you here, so make yourself at home.
I'm about to board a plane, but I'll respond more extensively to your post later.
1. The reason Max Browne is rated the #1 QB is because of his stats last year. He is a good QB, but he isn't on the same level as Shane in terms of athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy.
2. Derrick Green likes Michigan, but not enough to end up in this class IMO.
3. Not going to happen
4. I really, really, really want Scarbrough to be the class. That said, it is a big uphill battle between Michigan and the Alabama schools. Getting him on campus this early is big though and could make a big impact on his recruitment. I would say there is about a 15-20% chance he ends up at Michigan.
Are you previously a MGoBlog poster? Your avatar looks familiar.
ESPN recruiting has always been terrible. I hold no stock in their rankings.
Bo: "There's not really a ton of pressure to stay to be honest. But I'll be clear in saying that I'm not afraid to leave if the right opportunity presents itself. I want to do what's best for me".
That is certainly good news. IF Michigan can beat Alabama, that might just do it..
The thing that bothers me about this is that wouldn't they have put Maty Mauk as the best QB in the class last year if they were going by stats? He broke the HS record for passing yards and touchdowns. (I believe)
And no. I saw somebody with this avatar on BleacherReport, and I stole it. Hahaha
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Well, it isn't all stats, but that is a reason why he is ahead of Shane. It also doesn't help Shane's case that he has been hyped up as the real deal since his sophomore year, so people expect to see a NFL caliber QB when they see him.
First of all, . Glad to see more and more new people showing up and giving this site a chance.
Second, I believe Bo lives right down the street from Bama stadium, so it will be a very tough pull to get him. He can't even take a crap without seeing it,
Go Blue and Go Titans!
Welcome! You got Latrine duty till the next new guy!
Max Browne has impressive film. Check it out.
You think he's better than Morris though?
1. Of course i'm biased but sugar Shane looks like the real deal, huge arm, great athleticism and ability with his feet and his accuracy is coming along nicely, he is the next great Michigan QB imo
2.The coaches recruiting ability has allowed them to make headway with Green but still seems unlikely to end up at UM
3. Highly unlikely as Sua seemed a huge USC lean all the way and his commitment was expected by pretty much everyone
4. Bo is definetly an animal, would never guess him a HS sophmore by his physique and the high interest he is showing and him visiting early is big for us but havin a hometown team that is such a powerhouse on the field and in recruiting makes me think it will very tough to get him away from home, that bein said its extremely early and when you get them in for a visit you never know what can happen
Sorry to troll but I hadn't seen video of either QB until now. Both of these QB's will be great ones at the next level and although you might say Browne throws a better deep ball and Morris is a better athlete, I don't think either lacks in any department. Morris does an excellent job of stepping up in the pocket, not to escape pressure but to drive the ball downfield. I have just read a couple posts that say his accuracy is getting better and I can tell you with his mechanics, if they aren't already "better" they will be quickly. He has a cannon for an arm but doesn't rely on it to make passes, definitely uses his entire body well. Has good escapability (sp?) too, reminds of of Jake Plummer in college and this kid obviously has huge leadership abilities. Take it for what is is, an unbiased evaluation from a non-expert Buckeye fan, but Morris is gonna be fun to watch for the B1G
not trolling at all. your welcome anytime to the wolverine board. cant say that for bucknuts. anytime i go over there with respect and absolutely no profanity or bad talking the osu fans immediately call me scum and a cocksucker and ban me.
I can't believe you bumped this thread.
Also, I can't believe how much of a homer I was back then. I actually thought we had a chance at Scarbrough? AND Cravens? Smh. I called it on Green though.
You never responded...
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports