In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
It's recruiting, this happens. Filling our class up so early we were bound to have some decommits.
After thinking things over, I'm inclined to believe that Dawson knew for some time that he would take a visit to UF.
* * * N E O . R E T R O * * *
Kinda seems like the coaches were the ones that said thanks but no thanks, go find somewhere else to play. The coaches are not messing around with these commits.
Thats how I read it from TOS as well
Agree, he knew that Dillard was visiting for a while now and now he going down with him to commit.
Sounds like he is reaching out to UF kids and talking about wanting to be like the Pouncey's
I could swear I remember Dawson saying something about Texas being too hot when he moved back to Michigan. Wait until he spends August doing two-a-days in Gainesville.
I don't know if we ever had much interest from him, but how sweet would it be if somehow we got Dorian Johnson from osu and pitt!?
I wonder if Muschamp used them as a recruiting/selling point.
Maurkice and Mike Pouncey were Urban Meyer players. They both left for the NFL before Muschamp arrived in Gainesville.
Maurkice is undoubtedly the more accomplished of the two brothers right now.
I just hate instate kids leaving to go elsewhere, to make it worse he is from Cass. I know I know it's just recruiting but im upset and Idc who knows it!
On to the next one!
11 National Titles | 42 Conference Titles | 3 Heisman Winners | 78 All-Americans | 37 College Hall of Fame Members
My 2 problems with your post:
1. Then you must think Norfleet is the scum of the earth. He left Cincinnati high and dry with about 24 hours to recruit another player. You must think Michigan is a shady institution for going after Norfleet, because they knew they'd be leaving Cincinnati in that spot.
2. You talk about Michigan like they are a 2nd class school. If you think he's going to be riding the bench at Florida, why would you ever want him at Michigan?
The truth is, Michigan could really use a great kid like David, and it's too bad we lost him...but we should wish him the best...grow up.
Stuff like this is basically why nowadays the only recruits I give a crap about are the ones we have on signing day.
I remember many years ago waiting with baited breath on whether a kid called Cam Colvin would sign with Michigan. He went to Oregon instead, had a decent career but quite honestly I doubt it really made much of a difference for either Michigan or Oregon.
Hello, friendly gator fan here! First of all, sorry for the loss, it always sucks to lose a commitment, we know the feeling too! I'd be lying if I said I'm not happy to hear about this but I'd like to point out that Cam Dillard was actually supposed to take his official to the LSU game and pushed it back to next Saturday. To us this seems recent as far as that its concerned!
David Dawson @D3_FutureLegend
GONE PLAY LIKE @MaurkicePouncey AND @MikePouncey
He knew for a while.
Dawson def knew for awhile. He was always tweeting about UF.
This is a very good point and I think I'm really gonna try and make a point to think like this from now on
If you have an ESPN account Tom just posted an article about the commits reactions and LTT's is the best.
Did Norfleet spend 6 months saying how solid how a commit he was to UC? NO, he didn't even have a UofM offer untill the 11th hour.
Did Dawson spend 6 months saying how solid of a commit he was to Michigan? Yes
Nice try child
This post was edited by Aces High 21 months ago
1. Completely agree DD knew for some time about FL. Honestly, I was surprised it took this long for him to decommit. When this popped up a few months ago, DD was already walking out the door IMHO. The coaches managed to save the situation alittle longer.
2. I suspect the coaches have been aware of DD's 'continued' interest in FL since the last episode. I am not insinuating they have a back-up plan ready to implement, but I would suggest they may have kept in touch with other lineman through back-channels. While this may have been prudent for them to hopefully have done, at this stage we are behind the 8-ball on many '13 lineman recruits. I would take a chance on pushing hard for 1 or 2, but if nothing materializes - bank it for next year. We have many elite OL recruits in 2014 that want to play at Michigan.
3. 'Best of luck' to DD? I suppose. You never wish ill upon someone. He changed his mind. However, I would have liked this drama to have played out 3 months ago, in order to have given us a better chance at getting another lineman. DD knew he was visiting FL for some time IMHO.
4. Does this affect the DG recruitment? No IMHO.
5. Is CT becoming more difficult to recruit at? Yes. When you are massing elite talent at a school i.e. CT, schools around the country are bound to follow, and recruit hard for the players. I have always said MSU is not the competition at CT, it is FL, OSU, ND, etc. as they have discovered the 'pipeline'. It is UM's job to recruit the cream of the crop before anyone else has a chance.
“Those who stay will be champions”
― Bo Schembechler
I don't but please share
In regards to your first point. Even if the coaches were able to "save the situation a little longer" something tells me they would have to realize still there is a chance he walks out the door. I'm sure they already had a backup target in place.
Thats what I am banking on. Should be an interesting week. With the MSU game oour best home game of the season, either an OV comes this week, or possibly the NW game.
He basically saying a '13 OL kid texted him today.
I'll paraphrase it. Don't worry.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports