In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 463
Online now 462 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
I was also going to say Kief
"Those Who Stay...Will be Champions"
I have been looking over the list of visitors again and none of them really make sense to me as a commit this weekend.
- We are in good position with Damon Webb and Parrker Westphal, and there is a long way to go on kids like Peppers and Blanding, so don't see the coaches pushing for a 2014 DB to commit (unless it's one of the first two, which is unlikely).
- In another article recently, a WR prospect said the coaches are waiting to see what happens before offering more WRs because they are taking a limited number in 2014. We are in play for Corey Holmes, we just took DaMario Jones, and Treadwell is still a possibility, so I don't see Kief or other WRs visiting to get pushed to commit this early.
- The coaches are being very selective about QBs, so would Andrew Ford even get offered this weekend?
- Ian Bunting doesn't have an offer yet and is making his first visit to Michigan, which doesn't seem like a likely commit scenario.
- Daniel Cage is the most interesting prospect on the list for me since he camped at Michigan so it's not his first time on campus, but he doesn't have an offer and the coaches are not likely to fill the DL positions with kids like Malik and Bryan Mone still out there with interest.
If it's not a surprise top prospect like Westphal, I wonder if this is a case of a kid saying he might commit if he's offered, but isn't in line for an offer?
Westphal isn't visiting is he?
Sam reported on one of his recruiting roundups that there is good chance Westphal visits with family, and that Michigan is in really good shape.
To be a little more clear, not sure if he said this weekend or next.
I think Booth was the WR who said that.
I'm highly skeptical like dizzo. Looking across the list, I don't see where it is.
Fingers crossed for westphal
Tremendous added Westphal to its visitor list. I'm betting it's him if anything happens
With 'de-commitment' talk on the 2013 recruits, I am not getting excited on 2014 verbals. A long way to go .... a lot can change .... someone here said pay attention between Sept-Feb before the recruits NSD, and I would agree.
“Those who stay will be champions”
― Bo Schembechler
Hey, ill take 25 top kids early on with a risk to lose up to two a year. When a kid commits, how often do they decommit?I'll take my odds with a kid decommitting over never committing at all, every single time....
Wow. 2 of 24 have or potentially will decommit. Which means ~90% have stayed on to this point. I'm shocked you let such a small minority affect you like that.
This, all day.
I would be shocked if Parker committed this soon, but would not complain.
All I said was I am tempering my excitement - particularly with the elite recruits. In 2012, kids de-commit/commit all over the place.
Tremendous is a twink
Are you speaking generally or specific to UM? You may want to get comfortable with this recruiting thing. Fact is, decommits happens with ALL programs. I'll certainly take the very overwhelming odds of kid staying vs decommiting. But temper away
Waiting for that.
Westphal commiting would be fantastic
This post was edited by Aces High 17 months ago
Westphal would be fantastic
Bryan Mone Iassume, on what I've read. Still just a guess
I agree with this. Houma's teammate and our very first 2014 offer.
This would be huge! Is there any tape on him?
Want it to be Westphal, bout wouldn't mind Mone. Scout has him as #7 DT.
He is a ghost.
Just found this and he is #56.
Either this website doesn't exist or is not currently available.
This post was edited by Michmania 17 months ago
Bryan Mone rarely does interviews, so I doubt he's been in contact with Tremendous to cause the commit-watch tweet. And Mone likely doesn't talk to anyone on the team (or recruits) outside of Houma, who also isn't likely to be in contact with Tremendous?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports