In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 381
Online now 575 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Do you guys really see bama being all that great this year coming up ?
As long as Saban is at the helm of the Alabama program, they will always field a great team.
Go Blue and Go Titans!
They have a ton of depth as well.
man that sucks
They will have a lot of new starters on defense. They have to replace Richardson and the whole WR core. Smelley who was a big part of the offense is gone. I think they will be good but not great. I know they have a lot of talent but it could be a tough year. We have a great shot if u ask me.
I see USC running over everybody
With the way McCarren played especially in the championship game their offense is going to be even better this coming season. Losing Richardson might hurt some but Lacy is definately good enough to fill the shoes. On defense they may not be as good as this past year's historic defense but even if the defense is half as good as last year's it will still be a top 10 unit.
If Michigan wants to beat Alabama they need to be at least +2 in the turnover department and have a big play on special teams. I think if it's a turnover free game Alabama's superior talent will eventually start to show.
And yeah, Bama will be as filthy as always. The talk of their D starting so many new faces will terminate quickly
I call Bullshit on this whole post. Let's quit giving Bama so much damn credit and give our guys a chance. You stop their run game, you win, period. McCarron is not goin to beat you throwing the ball especially since he WR's peaced out. Their D will be good but young and will make some mistakes. Have faith, in Borges and Denard. It will be like Rocky trying to catch a chicken, you wait and see. forever.
"Those Who Stay...Will be Champions"
that's all i wanted to hear
Just had same argument with Bama fans. A.J is not that good in my eyes. Stop the run is the key. I just read an article stating Bama made it as easy as possible for the kid with play action and short dump off passes. Enough said.
my grandfather who has 2 glass eyes could have told you that about McCarron. He was in a QB battle half the damn season. I know I'm probably overly confident, but seriously guys we couldn't ask for a better time to play them. No Richardson, New D, Unproven QB.
This post was edited by buttesnake 2 years ago
Once u come up for air from Sabans pants look at the depth chart. They have 4 returning starters and 4 freshman startingasking 7 total first year starters. It will take a whole lot to be even half as good as last year. Get off their jock!!!!
Exactly. Most of this offense, including one of the most dangerous players in the country will be coming in with the Game and the Sugar Bowl in their heads. I think this team hits the ground running and implements their gameplan pretty well early in the season.
Alabama may have the higher ceiling next year, but I would not be surprised a bit if Alabama's D has trouble keeping up with the tempo and adjustments Michigan's offense can bring.
They're gonna be tough. To think otherwise is foolhardy. But, I give us a chance. I think most people outside of the Michigan fan base aren't sold on Hoke & Co, and that's just fine by me.
It's the first game of the year for both teams. We have as much experience as they do. We're starting a 3rd year QB who should make strides in his passing game. I'm looking forward to the game and expect us to compete to the bitter end.
This post was edited by Due51 2 years ago
Exactly....get off their Jock. Roll Blue.
It's Bama... they're pretty much a shoe in for a top 5 or 10 team in the country every year. They have more talent on their depth chart than most teams have starting. Yes, Bama will be good.
A minor correction:
We're playing Bama 2012 led by a soon-to-be junior AJ McCarron.
Bama 2013 will feature a senior AJ McCarron as QB.
* * * N E O . R E T R O * * *
It wasn't that long ago that Bama was garbage. UF, LSU, and UG were smackin them regularly. Don't act like they're a dynasty and always have been. They've had their down times too just like everyone else. And by the way....they won't have anymore talent on the field than we do come game time. They may a couple better athletes but we have experience and hungry players. UM got the eye of the tiger son.
Let's stop with the AJ McCarron stuff....James Vandenburg is better than that cat. Seriously guys, if we stop the run we'll be in good shape. If we take care of the ball we'll be in great shape. If Denard has a decent passing game we'll win. Simple
Moon, your approach to this game is too simple imo. Some of my thoughts:
- Bama's skill players at WR will be inexperienced but they have been in the program for a while so they will be ready. Moreover, do you realize that our WR corps going into this game has limited experience in Al Borges' system?
- You're underestimating McCarron. IIRC, McCarron is the first sophomore QB to start and win a BCS title game. Moreover, McCarron impressed me a lot with some of the throws he made in the title game. It was clear that he had worked his azz off and studied game film for hours during the month leading up to the game. He was sharp and did exactly what was needed of him: move the ball through the air so that LSU couldn't stack the box and play the run. Just because he's not Andrew Luck or Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin does not mean that he's not an effective game manager. Our one and only title in the modern era came with a QB (Griese) that was a game manager.
- Stopping Bama's running game won't be easy...even with a Bear defense. It should be clear by now what type of RB Saban prefers. And you better believe the Hoke wants to have a similar RB as our lead rusher. Tackling well and wrapping up will be essential. Our defense will have to fly to the ball and occasionally group tackle.
- Our offense will have to be dynamic for this game. We'll have to take some risks (like Miles often does in critical junctures). But more than anything we'll have to use a mix of power, spread, and triple option to win this game. We'll have to keep Bama's defense guessing and confused.
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by Frank C 2 years ago
Get out of Saban's pants? Get off their jock? Are you kidding me. All i said was that they will be filthy, which they will be. I never said anything about our chances (or lack there of), because I actually think we have a very decent shot at the upset unlike most people.
Please everybody, play nice.
Ur right I shouldn't have been mean. I'm sorry Mitch
I agree, the only thing I would add is that Michigan will need fantastic DT play from Campbell, Pipkins, or Washington. And they will need to be actively stripping the ball in gang tackles. A defensive touchdown could make the difference either way if Michigan plays well.
This is Michigan, fergodsakes.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports