In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 526
Online now 186 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Corch is actually not a good thing to be...
A particularly inept coach, especially one who manages to evade firing by having talented players on his or her roster. As a coach becomes more and...
* * * N E O . R E T R O * * *
Tell that to the newly-christened CorchBlue...
Malik McDowell are you watching this game?
Stealing Sparty's recruits and owning them on the field since 1898
Not really news, but Jabrill Peppers reaffirms we're in his top 5
@JabrillPeppers: Stanford, OSU, ND, Michigan, LSU RT @thatshortkidjoe: I wonder what @JabrillPeppers top 5 choices are
And in case anyone was wondering what Mason Cole was thinking about this beatdown:
@MasonCole52: Still love the irish!
Wasn't USC in there a little bit ago?
Ya they were, looks like they got replaced by LSU
Hope Cole loves them 2nd most
See below, left the link out of this one
This post was edited by inuyesta 15 months ago
OL vs DL one-on-ones from the Under Armour Combine. M commits/targets I saw were Denzel Ward, Orlando Brown Jr., Braden Smith, and Dexter Wideman but I don't have our 2014 offer list memorized so there may have been others
Per twitter world, 2014 #Michigan RB offer Jonathan Hilliman will visit Ann Arbor in February.. Thoughts ?
Just a simple recap:
- OT Orlando Brown completely dominated DT Dexter Wideman on both reps.
- DT Josh Frazier completely dominated OG Cody Martin.
- DE Keyon Brown is fast and agile. Awesome combination. And he's clearly skilled with great technique. Made OT Jeff Duncan look silly.
- OT Braden Smith did not seem as impressive as his reputation would suggest. I think Smith would be a better fit at guard rather than tackle.
- DE Chad Thomas looked good. Bullrushed his opponent on the first rep.
- DT Dexter Wideman looked much better against OG David Cinti. His speed stood out on the first rep.
- OL Orlando Brown looked strong against DT Brennan Williams in the first rep.
- OG Dave Montas and DT Preston Gordon with an epic battle at the 3:53 mark. Enjoyed that one. Montas clearly won that but loved the effort from Gordon.
- OT Denzel Ward looked good against DE Caleb Samuel. Ward Looked much better on the second rep but he held Samuel after Samuel spun and tried to change direction. If Ward adds more muscle, he can be a wall.
He looks very good.
This post was edited by pappy121 15 months ago
DaShawn Hand cuts his list from 10 to 5:
"@TheHand54: My TOP 5 list: ALABAMA, MICHIGAN, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, VIRGINIA TECH."
Notice, OSU did not make the cut. Michigan is clearly the odd man out regionally, but the fact that we're even still in it is big. He's said that he doesn't really want to modify this 5, so hopefully we'll be in it for an OV eventually. Hand would just be an ungodly coup if Michigan were to get him.
Specifically, this is what Hand said re: his top 5.
“I want to take all five of my officials, but this top five, it’s what I want to go from,” he said. “I really don’t want to make any changes or anything.”
Its clear from Ward's 2 highlights, hes used to being the superior athlete and dominating whoever he blocks very quickly. In his first highlight, he brought an intense first punch that initially stopped the DL, but then he kind of stopped as if the play was over. The DL simply continued to fight through the block and went around Ward. Its almost as if Ward is just use to dominating his opponent with a single blow. Clearly that is something that should be tops on the list of improvements, is to continue blocking through the whistle, or until you drive the person to the ground. Once you engage, keep doing so and dont stop.
This is why I'm so excited for our interior OL of Dawson, Kugler, and Bosch. Every single one blocks to the whistle and doesn't stop going after their man until either a whistle blows or the defender is on the ground. They're all just mean, and I love having OLs with a punisher-streak. Establishing that absolute ownership of the line of scrimmage is classic Michigan man-ball.
OSU offered DE Lawrence Marshall out of Southfield today.
11 National Titles | 42 Conference Titles | 3 Heisman Winners | 78 All-Americans | 37 College Hall of Fame Members
Michigan lock, right?
I'll never call anyone a lock this early, but he's pretty close.
Really like Hosey's tape. Great balance, legs keep churning through contact, and surprisingly shifty in tight spaces. He's the type of back that keeps chains moving.
Any word when the offers are going out to the qb's. Just saw Kizer is going to visit sparty.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports