In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Where is this from? Source ?
“Those who stay will be champions”
― Bo Schembechler
I am just being totally optimistic. Not creating any false news or reports. No way DG ends up in Knoxville, TN.
Line 1 of that statement by the Neyland News is bogus because Butch Jones did his in-home some time in December before the Army game (assuming that based on article being written Jan 4th and dead period had been going on along with Army games). So he couldn't have been there again this past weekend to have an "amazing in-home"...
Derrick Green, Hermitage, recruiting, high school football, All-American
This post was edited by Dizzo 18 months ago
Graham was though. The source does seem dubious, but I figured I would post it.
Just a thought and I might be pulling strings, but is there a chance Green hinted to the coaches he'll be committing in 2 weeks? Reason being, a two week duration at this point in the recruiting process is crucial with only a couple spots to fill. Both Green and the coaches know this.
Hunt thought there was still room for him a day or two after Samuelson committed, but finally the coaches tell him there isn't space. Maybe if we missed on Green we would've accepted Hunt, and Green helped the coaching staff so they can put their eggs into another recruit's basket.
I'm not sure if it's common for recruits to hint at the coaches close to their announcement, but it wouldn't surprise me.
LOL.. Did anybody actually check this guy out.
Here's the rundown.
1. Tennessee leads for everyone... Green, Vonn Bell, Carl Lawson.... everyone.
2. He calls Shelton Gibson , Shelton Green, then goes on to say how he's going to decide on NSD and that he's visiting Tennessee this weekend. Gibson promptly commits to WVU.
3. A prospect de-committed, and committed to Houston, and he immediately says there were grade concerns, like UT has a strict admissions dept.
I've wondered the same thing. The timing was odd to tell Hunt that we were full, especially when we've heard all along they can go to 28 commits. So we now have 2 spots open, but are only recruiting Green and Smythe (who hasn't ever been to campus?) for them?
The only other explanation I could come up with was that they knew they weren't taking 7 OL, but didn't want to tell Hunt while he was on his official and have him cut it short to go down to Ohio early. OSU told Derrick Green they were full up at his spot, which lead him to take a longer trip to Ann Arbor instead of hitting Columbus first. So maybe they let the official visit take place, end on a positive, then wait a day or two after his OSU official was over to break the news?
I think DG knew where he wanted to go once he made a decision date. He has been meticulous throughout the recruitment process saying that he would make a decision when he was ready. If he goes on a last minute visit anywhere, that would be annoying to read all the speculation, not only because it would be annoying to read, but it would have some validity.
My take on the OL situation was they were never taking 7. Hunt seemed intent on taking some more visits and with the other ready to commit, they shut it down. Let him leave campus, confirmed he was still visiting others then Kaboshed his Plans. Hoke knows he can get solid OL. Why go thru the whole Kozan and Diamond thing agin. U wanna be here? Commit
Agree... Especially with Stacey leaving for Cincy at the last moment coaches feel they need enough bodies and the ones they have are very talented... Samuelson is no slouch at all... And every last one is big and nasty... No reason to be not happy about how the OL has shaken out for this class.
I think you mean grasping at straws. Pulling strings means something completely different. If you had strings to pull, we'd all be pissed that you hadn't pulled them already! 8^D
A lot of people are saying they'd rather have gotten Hunt, which I can understand, but I find pretty funny. This is the 6th OL we're talking about in the class and 10th (or 11th if AJ Williams ends up moving from TE to OT) in 2 classes. It's almost impossible to take 2 top-flight QBs because of competition and depth chart concerns, yet the 6th kid in this class on the OL was a 3-star (or 4 on some sites) recruit that we took from the team who won our B1G division last season? That's pretty darn good for somebody looking at almost an entire 2-deep ahead of him who haven't used up any eligibility at this point.
It could be 11 if Gibbs pans out to be something as well... Depth is moving in the right direction but still needs experience to come with it... The OL hauls have been great and nothing else
I'd rank the last two class hauls like this:
- OL : 11 highly recruited kids in 2 classes including multiple high-ceiling players at different spots
- DL : Ojemudia on track to be a significant player, Wormley and Strobel talked about highly, Henry and Godin also mentioned as seeing playing time this year, then add a high-ceiling project like Taco and two solid interior guys in Hurts and Poggi and it's a very good 8 prospects over 2 classes.
- DB : Dymonte and Jarrod Wilson have high ceilings, Douglas, Jourdan Lewis, T-Rich, and Delano Hill can be contributors, and high-risk/high-rewards types in Jeremy Clark, Channing Stribling, and Reon Dawson who would be major steals if any of them pan out. I've heard mixed reviews on Gant, but always with the mention he is a very hard worker, so who knows.
- LB : Biggs and Bolden are significant contributors already, RJS solid on special teams like 2-deep, and Gedeon and McCray were both highly coveted guys in this class.
- TE : Funchess, Williams, Butt, and Khalid Hill add talent, but I think outside of Butt the rest are hybrid TEs so hard to say how they will progress.
- RB : Drake is an unknown, DeVeon looks good though not sure he'll come in and grab the job day 1, Shallman not sure what type of position he'll really play.
- WR : No superstars here with question marks in Chesson and Darboh and mixed reviews on Dukes, York, and Jones.
- QB : Boom or bust only taking Shane, so has to be the bottom for me since it's the most important position and having only 1 person is asking for trouble.
So does that mean that you would say the same thing about USC's QB recruiting since they have only taken Browne over the last 2 classes?
Might be worth starting a thread because this is an interesting topic that doesn't belong in the 2013 recruiting thread, but I'll answer anyway.
I'm not sure I'd put USC's QB recruiting at the bottom too. Part of what factors in for me with Michigan's QB recruiting is that Devin may or may not be in his last year, and Bellomy was a complete disaster in his game time this year. So we NEED Shane to pan out, and we need it to potentially happen fast. For USC, Wittek didn't look too bad playing in place of Barkley and has 3 more years of eligibility, plus if they can keep Cody Kessler as a backup, they have time to develop Browne without needing him. So if Browne doesn't work out in the next 2 years, it might not be a problem for USC. If Shane isn't a stud, we might be in for a bad 2014 season (as it stands today, of course that could change if Devin's redshirt is officially approved and/or if Bellomy figures it out like Brendan Gibbons did and goes from nightmare to pretty good).
Your DL group is missing the best player IMO. How'd you forget Pipkins?
WR i think we will be just fin. Darboh will see big time numbers next year IMO.
But i agree with the rankings and everything else you said. RB would jump up if we add Green.
Ha.. Totally missed Pipkins because it seems like he's been around forever :)
Gotta offer this kid ASAP
Yous highlight video. You have not seen the best one, until now.
Thats systematic bullying...
hahaha you're mean. I had a kid like that from my high school. Poor kid couldn't take a hint.
Mike Farrell @rivalsmike
Will RB Derrick Green now visit #FSU?
Just came to post that.
11 National Titles | 42 Conference Titles | 3 Heisman Winners | 78 All-Americans | 37 College Hall of Fame Members
Well will he? Thought his mom said no more visits
So Malzahn supposedly visited Green tonight. Farrell also has an article about Green considering an OV to FSU.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports