In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 410
Online now 411 Record: 7264 (3/12/2012)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
it will be on btn; It will not be live though.
Right, that's what I meant, my bad.
Y'all should come to AA for the spring game though. We could have a Wolverine247 tailgate if enough are coming/interested.
What day is it
I just remember all the dumb arguments last summer, purely out of boredom and a need for competitive football.
Ill def try to make it
...eh, we'll just grab beer and wings and whatnot and watch it at someone's apartment at 9. Anyone know if it'll be streaming online anywhere?
Just make the trip up
I wish I could. Too much going on around then, unfortunately.
Nope. You're making the trip up.
I just told my wife I'm coming....so ya, I'm in. Lets do a tailgate or meet up prior ducks.
Bleh. 8-hour drive or $275 plane ticket? Not great options.
Sounds fine to me. See ya there!
I think 275 is a meager price to be able to party with hs for the day. Maybe ill make my wife come too so I can get hammered and she can drive.
Watched a few games on my DVR from this past season and a couple things that stand out:
- For as athletic as Omameh seems, he was terrible at pulling... Took him forever to get over to the left side... Hope whoever plays RG (Kalis??) is better at pulling because it could have helped the run game
- Safety play in the passing game needs to improve quite a bit... TG and Kovacs seemed to make the right read but were not burners and were a step slow more times than not... Hoping the increased athleticism help but losing Kovacs as the eyes back there will take some time to adjust
- Pass defense from the LBs needs to increase by leaps and bounds... Iowa killed them and the only time they were in the vicinity was on screens to the flats, but that was mainly Ryan... Morgan Ross and Bolden should be better with another year under their belt.
- I can't see how Braden and Miller aren't a huge upgrade over Barnum and Mealer... Sure they were both 5th year SRs but they were not good at all... Appreciate all they did but man were they subpar OL, especially when they had to get out in space
- TE play should be so much better... Sucks when you have 2 Frosh and a 5th yr SR who is very limited as your only options... Would have loved to have seen the TEs used more but they weren't ready nor capable
- I don't mind the options at FB with Kerridge and Houma now that Hopkins is out of the way... Kerridge had some good moments and getting him on the field more should be a huge asset.
- Special Teams should be outstanding and keep us in every game this year... Difference makers with the K and P... Furman is a stud and Darboh's production should be replaced by someone like DaMario Jones
Very excited to see what the spring practices bring.
Where do you live? Around an 8 hr drive for me also
I'm headed up for the game with another alum. We're both 09' grads and would definitely be up for a tailgate.
1) I think Omameh was too long-legged. They can be good for straight-line speed, but it takes him forever to lift out of his stance and make those first few lateral steps. By that time the play is past him.
2) If the safeties perform up to last year's level, that will be a win in my book.
3) I somewhat disagree with this. Demens was pretty competent in pass coverage. If they (or the safeties) were out of the vicinity of a pass, it was more likely to be caused by Mattison stretching zones to add an extra blitzer. Mattison usually taxed the linebackers with weird drop backs because of his mad scientist style of coaching.
4) RS Freshmen struggle, that's the way it is. Kalis and Braden will miss assignments and generally be frustrating. We knew what Lewan would be when he started out, but he had difficulties his first year. There will be games this season where Borges has to rely on Devin as much as he did Denard.
5) The TEs looked so promising early last season. I really hope Borges can get them involved more this year.
6) Agreed on Kerridge.
7) The kickers should be good, but special teams play and coaching has a long way to go, IMO.
4. So glad Lewan is coming back. RS Freshmen at the tackle position is scary, not as worried about RS Freshmen at the guard positions.
I am attending the Spring game and will absolutely be trying to get a little weird before it starts.wolverine247 tailgate sounds amazing
This post was edited by Woody04 13 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports